- This event has passed.
Verse of Ages 2022
April 20, 2022 @ 6:30 pm
Verse of Ages Poetry Slam
Time: Apr 20, 2022 06:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 829 8551 0841
Get ready for a month of prompts!
There are no rules, just guidelines, including the following suggestions:
- Use the word-of-the-day in a poem.
- Free associate to see where the word takes you.
- Build a web of connected ideas and images to add to your quiver.
- Change the word’s part of speech.
- Use the word to build a compound word.
- Brainstorm a list of rhyming words, slant rhymes, words that repeat the consonant sounds, words that repeat the vowel sounds.
- Explore the word’s synonyms and antonyms.
- Dig through a Thesaurus or mine the adjacent words in a dictionary.
- Combine words on consecutive days and work two or more into a single poem.
Short or long; formal, blank, or free verse; topical or fanciful or anything in between—your choice. Wind up your imagination and let it spin.
A poem a day? Go for it! Start writing Thursday, March 17, and to plan share your work at a Zoom Slam on Wednesday, April 20—details and link to follow.