Do you love to be scared? Were you weaned on Alfred Hitchcock? Is Edgar Allan Poe your alter ego? Are you fascinated by all things that go bump in the night?
If so, please join Queen of Halloween, Becky Kjelstrom, and Empress of Terror, D’Norgia Taylor, for a weekend of fearsomely delicious food and writerly exploration of the sinister and macabre.
- Colonyhouse in eerie finery
- Discussions on what scares us and how to develop petrifying ideas
- Workshop “It Wasn’t a Dark and Stormy Night: Moving beyond the Clichés”
- Evening readings
- Friday, share a favorite frightening story or short bit
- Saturday, share your story in progress
- Gentle critique
- Time to write
- Food: Witch Fingers, Graveyard Brownies, Death by Veggies, Jack-O-Lantern Stuffed Peppers, Bloody Puddin’, Putrefied Punch and more. (Vegetarian and gluten-free available on request)
The Haunting of Colonyhouse happens the weekend of October 28-30 at Colonyhouse, Rockaway Beach, Oregon. The cost: $125 double occupancy, which includes Halloween-themed lunches, dinners, drinks, and desserts. (Bring your own breakfast.)
Watch for sign up on eblast and website.
*Image: Tim Evanson via Compfight cc