Stephanie Cabot, literary agent with the Gernert Company, will listen to your pitch at OWC’s Annual Conference, May 1-3, 2015.
Stephanie is selectively adding writers from a variety of genres, including commercial and literary fiction, upmarket women’s fiction, historical fiction, thrillers, fantasy, new adult, and nonfiction. She is especially interested in writers who tell original stories with strong narratives and create distinctive characters. Her literary mantra: “Character, character, character!”
Here are some recent author publications that she has represented:
- The Secret Wisdom of the Earth, by Christopher Scotton
- Vanessa and Her Sister, by Priya Parmar
- We Are Called to Rise, by Laura McBride
- The Unexpected Waltz, by Kim Wright
- The Cairo Affair, by Olen Steinhauer
- The Resistance Man, by Martin Walker
- Small Move Big Change, by Caroline Arnold
- Hild, by Nicola Griffith
- Babayaga, by Toby Barlow
- The Demonologist and The Damned, by Andrew Pyper
She has worked with the Gernert Company since 2005. She began her career as an agent in London, where she spent nine years at William Morris—London, building a list of international best-selling and prize-winning authors. The last five years of her tenure with William Morris in London, she was managing director.
Half French, half American, Stephanie was educated in Europe and in the United States. She majored in history at Harvard.
She now spends her weekends working on a family dairy farm, Boggy Meadow, with her husband and four children.
To reserve your opportunity to pitch to Stephanie, sign up with your conference registration: $15.